A minor update has been released for SpinChimp. The update adds several minor new features, fixes usability issues and addresses reported bugs.
Note: (Pro Only) After updating to this version, existing project dictionaries will no longer work. They will need to be detached then reopened from the CSV file. Sorry for the inconvenience, however this change was needed to allow downloadable thesauri (see below).
- Global Spin now uses common favorites when spinning. A common favorite is a synonym that has been selected as favorite by multiple users. This results in a higher spin percentage when using Global Spin.
- (Pro Only) Added new feature allowing project thesauri to be downloaded from the SpinChimp servers. Current thesauri include French, German and Spanish. This feature will automatically detect new thesauri as they are added to the server. See below for more details.
- Added option to Global Spin to allow spinning within HTML tags.
- Added option to Global Spin to spin using local thesaurus.
- (Pro Only) Added option to Global Spin to spin using extended (project attached) thesauri.
- (Pro Only) Added option to Global Spin to automatically run the Spin Tidy algorithm after spinning. Spin Tidy fixes grammatical errors and removes redundant words and synonyms.
- (Pro Only) Bulk Spin now uses Global Spin options when spinning. Previously, Bulk Spin used to use best options resulting in highly readable content however the spin % was low.
- (Pro Only) Added option to Bulk Spin allowing Instant Unique to be applied during the Bulk Spin process.
- (Pro Only) Added ability to export local thesaurus synonyms, favorites and hated words.
- (Pro Only) Anchor tags were sometimes broken when viewing spin in non-jet spin and non-plain text profiles.
- A bug in the previous version incorrectly added sentences to the local thesaurus when using Rapid Spin.
- Rating up and down of synonym uses has been improved resulting in ever better weightings in the future. Rating now also applies to Rapid Spin and Content spin.
The update is not mandatory however it is HIGHLY recommended that this update be applied as soon as possible to avoid possible loss of work.
|Basic (Free) Version||Paid (Pro) version|
Note: Not all features shown or listed in this post will be available in the basic (free) version. A complete feature comparison can be found here.
Downloadable Thesauri (Pro Only)
This new feature allows thesauri to be downloaded and attached to a project. To use, follow these steps:
- Select the “Project” tab and press the “Select” button
- In the “Select Active Project” popup, select the “Download Dictionary” button.
- In the “Thesauri Download Helper” popup, select the required dictionary from the Dictionary pulldown and press the “Download” button.
The above actions will download the dictionary and attach it the current project. The dictionary is downloaded into the standard Dictionary directory, so it can be easily attached to other projects using the standard “Add dictionary” button.