A minor update has been released for SpinChimp. The update adds several minor new features, fixes usability issues and addresses reported bugs.
- Spin Tidy (Pro only): Available via the Tools menu, this new feature will automatically parse a document containing spin syntax and perform cleanup activities such as removing redundant words within spin and moving “a” and “an” from outside spin into spin to ensure the resulting spin is grammatically correct. All cleanup activities can be viewed within the System Log after running this function. Any bets on how long it will take others to copy this feature? By the way, we are normally the first to include numerous features that find their way into other spinners. See here for details.
- Better text file support: SpinChimp now includes advanced functionality developed for web browsers to assist in determining text file codepage and type. This new feature allows you to load any text file (ASCII, UTF8, UTF16BE, UTF16LE, UTF32, CodePage 1251 and CodePage 1252) into the editor. This feature is extended in the Pro version allowing any text file type to be used when importing synonyms, protected words and so on.
- Bulk spin improvements (Pro only): Bulk spin options now include spinning into a single directory and spinning profiles into a single file using a user defined break code. For example, it is now possible to spin a number of variations of a document into a single file, separated by the phrase “#BREAK#”.
- Grammar checking enhancements (Pro only): Grammar checking can now be performed from within the Spin and Original views.
- Spin View enhancements (Pro only): Spin modification from within Spin View has been enhanced to color modified spin elements. Existing Spin View code has also been rewritten to be more robust and speed has been greatly improved.
- User added dictionary enhancements (Pro only): User added project dictionaries can now include unicode and codepage text.
- Extremely large file support: Extremely large files are now supported within the editor. All calculations such as Spin%, LSI% (Pro only), text statistics and colouring are now performed within a background task.
- Spin as new document: Fixed possible crash that may be caused by this operation.
- Spin view copy all: Fixed possible crash that may be caused by this operation.
The update is not mandatory however it is HIGHLY recommended that this update be applied as soon as possible to avoid possible loss of work.
|Basic (Free) Version||Paid (Pro) version|
Note: Not all features shown or listed in this post will be available in the basic (free) version. A complete feature comparison can be found here.