Another minor update has been released for SpinChimp. The update adds a couple of great new features, but was unfortunately released as a matter of priority to specifically addresses a bug causing long delays when selecting large amounts of text with the Rapid Spin pane displayed.
The following new features have been added:
- BIG NEW FEATURE – Added two new options to the Export Manager – “Auto open compare tool” and “Export to memory”. Export to memory is only applicable when using the compare tool. If “Auto open compare tool” is selected, all exported documents (whether to disk or to memory) will be automatically opened within the compare tool, allowing each export to be compared, reviewed and copied to clipboard using standard editor shortcuts.
- Added ability to view multiple documents within the compare tool (required for the above feature).
- Added line numbering to the Spin Editor. This can be enabled through Options -> Editor -> Show line (paragraph) numbers. Showing paragraph numbers next to each paragraph will be advantageous when the TIPS feature is introduced in the next release.
The following usability issues have been addressed:
- The Profile Editor no longer requires the user to “replace” the current profile when editing before applying the change.
- Added sub-options to Quick Access Toolbar for New and Save buttons.
The following bugs have been resolved:
- If displaying the Rapid Spin pane and a large amount of text is selected, this could result in considerable delays in responsiveness. This has been resolved by only allowing a maximum of 1 paragraph and 5000 characters within rapid spin.
The update is not mandatory however it is HIGHLY recommended that this update be applied as soon as possible to avoid possible loss of work.