A minor update has been released for SpinChimp. The update addresses several minor bugs and usability issues and specifically addresses a bug introduced in the last release that may cause SpinChimp to freeze when using the TAB key.
The following features have been added:
- As always, ALT-RIGHT/ALT-LEFT can be used in place of TAB/SHIFT-TAB to select words. The shortcuts have now been extended to include CTRL-ALT-RIGHT/CTRL-ALT-LEFT to select entire sentences. As opposed to the TAB key, these shortcut keys can be used within any pane.
- Text file load now supports UTF-8 text file encoding. Export of plain text files now also uses UTF-8 encoding (as opposed to unicode) for greater text editor support.
- Added new “Disable SSL for server transactions” debug option allowing users to disable SSL on firewalled systems.
- Enhanced right click selection to better select entire HTTP tags for navigation testing.
- Improved word selection for synonym checking and global spinning to better handle numbers (eg 10.321), hyphenated words and words containing unicode.
The following bugs have been resolved:
- TAB select (when selecting next word) sometimes resulted in an endless loop and hence froze the application.
- Removed SSL keepalive timeout as this stopped some users from downloading thesaurus updates (in very rare cases).
- Fixed coloring issue that caused some random characters to appear and incorrect coloring when using tags within HTML (eg <a href=”test”>#KEYS#</a>)
- Fixed bug introduced in last release stopping words containing unicode to be correctly colored and selected.
If you are upgrading from version 1.3 or below, you may want to check out this post to see all the latest features added to version 1.4.
The update is not mandatory however it is recommended that this update be applied as soon as possible.